top of page

History of
Kilmany Park Estate

Kilmany Park was settled by William Pearson in September 1841 and is one of the oldest established properties in Eastern Victoria. As a resolute Scot, successful pastoralist, politician and mining entrepreneur, Pearson built an original timber single story building in the 1840's and in the 1860's built a solid brick single story residence adjacent to it.

His son, William Pearson Junior, between 1901-1906, erected the substantial solid brick, cement rendered two storey mansion incorporating the original homestead.


Kilmany Park was adapted for the use as a boy's home after its purchase by The Presbyterian Church in 1923 from the estate of William Pearson (Jnr.) after his death in 1919.

The boys' home closed in 1977 and the mansion and the surrounding farm was used for a multitude of purposes until the purchase of the property in 1995 by Daryl Page. Since then, Kilmany Park Estate has continued to be restored to its original grandeur as a magnificent federation style mansion and operates as a very popular Luxury B&B and Wedding, Conference and Events Venue .

View A Detailed History Slideshow Below

The following slideshow has been scanned and uploaded from the originally printed "Kilmany Park History Information Booklet"  which was beautifully produced by Julie Katz (Daryl Page's wife). Julie researched and compiled the comprehensive booklet from a range of historical records and through sourcing some very old and rare photos of this amazing Estate.

bottom of page