THE HISTORY OF KILMANY PARK ESTATE
Kilmany Park was settled by William Pearson in September 1841 and is one of the oldest established properties in eastern Victoria. Resolute Scot, successful pastoralist, politician and mining entrepreneur, Pearson built the original timber single story building in the 1840's, and in the 1860's built a solid brick single story residence adjacent to it.
His son, William Pearson Junior, between 1901-1906, erected the substantial solid brick, cement rendered two storey mansion incorporating the original homestead.
Kilmany Park was adapted for the use as a boy's home after its purchase by Presbyterian Church in 1923 from the estate of William Pearson (Jnr.) after his death in 1919.
The boys' home closed in 1977 and the mansion and the surrounding farm was used for a multitude of purposes until the purchase in 1995 by Daryl Page.
Since then, Kilmany Park has continued to be restored to its original grandeur as a magnificent federation style mansion.
As well as operating as s commercial venture, the property is also Daryl's private residence and he warmly welcomes you to come and enjoy his home.